Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First Impressions

These posts seem hurried and incoherent, but I will try to be succinct. London is lovely, and I feel somewhat familiar with where I am going. My walk to work takes about 45 minutes (50 today!), so I am getting at least 90 minutes of good exercise a day simply walking to and fro work, not to mention any interesting diversions. The prices are as terrifying as I feared they would be--the numbers are exactly the same as on American price tags, but I have to remember these are pounds and not dollars! The exchange rate is £1 to $2.25; I am very bitter about that 25 cents, because it means £4 is not $8 but rather $9, £8 is not $16 but rather $18, etc. I am being quite frugal, and so far am cheered to note that bananas cost about the same in both London in Chicago, so I am getting my potassium!

No comments: