Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday Thanks

Thanks to you for your birthday wishes! I spent the day at Buckingham Palace, the first day it was open to the public as the Queen is at Balmoral for the rest of the summer. I am too much of a statistician not to be somewhat wan that 36 is "officially" the LATE 30s, and I have already been kicked out of the 18-34 demographic last year. But I cheered myself with the realization that THIS is the ageI should be when I am ordained deacon! Assuming we have our summer synod as early as we intended this year. The palace was lovely, 19 state rooms, like the White House only larger. My orignal destination was the Victoria and Albert Museum, a place which I did not see when last in London and one which has the seductive benefit of being free. Watch for the V&A in next weekend's postings.

No comments: