Thursday, August 23, 2007

Letters! I get Letters!

Give yourself a quality point if you have that old song running through your head. I received a letter from my friend, to whom I will give the blog-alias la Marquise de Niegebourger. Yay me! Who's a big winner?! It took exactly ten days to arrive here, not nearly as bad as it could have been. No one mentions receiving post cards from me, which makes me think I wasted $25+ on this since I am pretty sure they must have made it to the USA but not met American postal regulations and so remain undeleivered. Not so much a big winner there. But I also checked my blog traffic, and despite the dearth of comments here the blog is in fact being read; some people are actually tracking it on "Catholic Blog Tracker," which is ironic since technically this blog is arguably really part of the "Anglican blogosphere," except that in general I find almost all religious blogs so catty that I do not link to them or even read them much, Amy Welborn as always an exception. But thank you for writing, Madame de Niegebourger, and I hope you all get postcards from me eventually!

2 comments:

+Sherrie said...

Hello!

You are, dear McSteve, in typical fashion STILL busier than a one-armed paper hanger! I can hardly wait to hear the tales and see the pictures! I thought I had mentioned in an e-mail that we received your post card while I was in SFO (sometime between Aug 3-10). And something was mailed to you from SFO on the 10th...hoping it gets through before you leave...I think I need to stop by the Mitre for a pint...what a hoot...
+Sherrie

Steve said...

Thank you +Sherrie, I did in fact receive your lovely postcard, but must have missed that you received mine, so I feel relieved. I chose an almost square postcard and realized days later that the U.S. Postal Service might have issues with this even though it seemed plenty big enough--historically the USPS has objected to mail small enough to be lost in the great machine sorters. Thanks for the update!